How to get here
Newstead Abbey Historic House & Gardens, Newstead Abbey Park, Ravenshead, Nottinghamshire NG15 8NA
Admission includes entry into the park, formal gardens, café and shop. Additional fees apply for special events – see ‘What’s On’ listings, or visit @newsteadabbey Please note that season tickets are not valid during special events.
|Family ticket (2 adults and three children)||£25|
|Abbey Park and Grounds|
|Monday-Sunday||10:00 - 17:00|
Last admission to Park and House one hour before closing.
'Robin Hood Line' runs Nottingham to Worksop - via Newstead - with the walk from station to gates approximately 20 minutes. For timetables and fares, contact National Rail 0845 748 4950, or for other transport services Traveline 0871 200 2233.
Trent Barton ‘Pronto’ service runs regularly from the Victoria Bus Station - Nottingham City Centre - to Mansfield via Newstead Abbey. Be aware that if arriving by bus, there is a 1-mile walk down the drive of the estate (approx. 20 minutes).
Parking is available in the grounds
|Walkers, Cyclists, Motorcyclists||£1.00|
Car & Coach
Newstead Abbey is located 12 miles north of Nottingham on the A60 close to Junction 27 of the M1. Heading from the M1, follow signs for Sherwood Forest and brown signs thereafter. Sat Nav postcode NG15 9HJ.
We offer tours and talks to groups with staff on-hand to assist organisers and travel trade clients. Take advantage of group rates with coach parking on site.
Due to the historic nature of Newstead Abbey, there is no lift access to the upper floor of the house with the ground floor limited also. Outside, gravel paths and walkways can inhibit wheelchair access. Wheelchair users - and accompanying carers - entitled to concessionary priced tickets.
For those with limited mobility, or bespoke needs we provide:
- Mobility parking in main car park and near entrance to the Abbey
- Accessible toilets (near the Courtyard)
- Induction loop access across areas of the site
- Wheelchair access to ground floor locations only. NOTE: Stairs feature on the tour routes
- Manual wheelchairs for use in house and gardens. These can be collected from the house and Café on arrival
- Accessible Café to wheelchair users
For Visitors with young children we provide:
- Baby feeding facilities (in the Café)
- Baby changing facilities (in the courtyard)
- All meals in the cafe as child sized portions
- Play park - located in the formal gardens
- Activity and trail sheets (available from the shop)
- Family events throughout the school holidays