How to get here
Newstead Abbey Historic House & Gardens, Newstead Abbey Park, Ravenshead, Nottinghamshire NG15 8NA
FREE HOUSE ENTRY FOR UNDER 16S WITH A PAYING ADULT IN SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Admission includes entry into the park, formal gardens, café and shop.
Additional fees apply for special events – see ‘What’s On’ listings, or visit @newsteadabbey Please note that our season tickets are not valid during special events.
(Under 16 )
|Family ticket (2 adults and three children)||£25|
|Annual Pass (admission to house, grounds and garden)||£55|
|Combined Annual Pass with Wollaton Hall||£100|
Grounds: Open daily* 9am-5pm/dusk (which ever is sooner)
*except last Friday in November
House: Open Saturday, Sunday and Bank holidays 12noon-4pm (last entry 3pm)
Weekdays during School holidays
Cafe and Shop:
High Season 10am-5pm
Low Season 10am - 4pm
Last admission to Park and House one hour before closing.
Parking is available in the grounds and includes entry into the park, formal gardens, café and shop.
|Walkers, Cyclists, Motorcyclists||£2.00|
Trent Barton ‘Pronto’ service runs regularly from the Victoria Bus Station - Nottingham City Centre - to Mansfield via Newstead Abbey. Note: if arriving by bus, there is a 1-mile walk down the drive of the estate (approx. 20 minutes).
The Robin Hood Line runs from Nottingham to Worksop - via Newstead. Note: if arriving by rail, there is a 1-mile walk down the drive of the estate (approx. 20 minutes).
For timetables and fares, visit East Midlands Trains or call 03457 125 678.
For other transport services visit: Traveline or call:
0871 200 22 33.
Car & Coach
Newstead Abbey is located 12 miles north of Nottingham on the A60 close to Junction 27 of the M1. Heading from the M1, follow signs for Sherwood Forest and brown signs thereafter. Sat Nav postcode NG15 9HJ.
We offer tours and talks to groups with staff on-hand to assist organisers and travel trade clients. Take advantage of group rates with coach parking on site.
Due to the historic nature of Newstead Abbey, there is no lift access to the upper floor of the house and a certain amount of limited access to the ground floor too. Outside, gravel paths and walkways can inhibit wheelchair access. Wheelchair users and accompanying carers are entitled to concessionary priced tickets.
For those with limited mobility, or bespoke needs we provide:
- Mobility parking in main car park and near entrance to the Abbey
- Accessible toilets (near the Courtyard)
- Induction loop access across areas of the site
- Wheelchair access to ground floor locations only. NOTE: Stairs feature on the tour routes
- Manual wheelchairs for use in house and gardens. These can be collected from the house and Café on arrival
- Accessible Café to wheelchair users
For Visitors with young children we provide:
- Baby feeding facilities (in the Café)
- Baby changing facilities (in the courtyard)
- Child sized portions
- Play park - located in the formal gardens
- Activity and trail sheets (available from the shop)
- Family events throughout the school holidays